About Me

Monday, June 26, 2017

IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant Training Recap: June 19 - June 25

Training Recap June 19-25 (the week following Patriot 70.3 on June 17th)

Monday: day off
Tuesday: 45 min run
Wednesday: 45 min masters swim
Thursday: 7 mile run
Friday: 2000 meter swim
Saturday: 2:45 ride / 42 miles
Sunday: 1 hour ride (16.5 miles) and 35 min run

The day after Patriot 70.3 - lounging in the stroller with my boys!
I wasn't as sore as I thought I would be after my 6 hour and 26 minute 70.3 on Saturday but I was definitely depleted. This week was more about getting my body moving again than hitting any distance goals. Even if my body was ready my mind definitely wasn't. 
Bonus ride / run on Sunday thanks to an impromptu babysitter
This coming weekend crests into July which means that it's go time (holy scary!). What that means is that the next 5 weekends are going to be really tough (75+ mile rides on Saturday followed by a 30 min run and a ride / run brick the next day). These long rides take a lot of time (5+ hours) and a LOT of mental fortitude. I don't really enjoy riding my bike for that long (I admit!) and nor does my tushy.

Summer showers made for a muddy 42 mile ride
I read something that said if you say going into it "this is going to be crazy hard, my ass is going to burn, my muscles are going to be on fire!".. then what really happens might be slightly easier :-) Ha! I'll let you know how that tactic goes!

Here's that ride to Plum Island and back
The other thing it said is to count which is interesting because that's a tactic I discovered this past weekend when I did 20 second intervals (hard) and 10 seconds off, then 20 seconds on... and so on just to get home.
My pit crew making sure all the gears are working
 Follow my journey on Insta: @roadtoironmom

No comments:

Post a Comment